Last Modified: January 1, 2021
At Gravatate, we first and foremost believe in welcoming and accepting everyone as they are and enabling our users toconnect, collaborate and share wherever they go. The user interaction and conversation that happens on Gravatate mirrors the diversity of the people using Gravatate. To balance the needs and interests of a global population, Gravatate protects interaction and expression that meets the platform standards, guidelines and rules outlined on this page (collectively, the “Guidelines”). Please review these Platform Guidelines, paying particular attention to the types of activities and behavior that is strictly prohibited on our website, apps and when using our services. They will help you understand what type of interaction and expression is acceptable, and what type of interaction and expression (including content) may be reported and removed. Please note that our platform consists of three key pieces of functionality—chat, workspaces and communities. All of these are private (invitation-based) in nature and managed by our subscribers directly. Furthermore our offering is geared toward professionals in business, higher education, healthcare and government intending to drive client relationships, projects, teams, and professional collaboration in general.
Children Under the Age of 13
IF YOU ARE 13 YEARS OR YOUNGER, PLEASE DO NOT USE GRAVATATE™ OR ANY OF ITS SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE.
Children under the Age of 18
If you are a child under the age of 18 (a “Minor”), you can use this website and related services only with the consent and under the supervision of your parents or legal guardians. IF YOU ARE 18 YEARS OLD OR YOUNGER, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIS WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE.
Chat, Workspaces and Community Guidelines and Prohibited Activities
To nurture and foster our broad community of users, we reserve the right to remove any content containing inappropriate or objectionable material, as determined in our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to prohibit the use of our website and/or services by certain parties, and to restrict, limit, and monitor your use of our website and related services. The types of interaction, expression, and behavior that is strictly prohibited on our website and when using our website and related services and products, includes without limitation, the following:
- Offensive Material. Comments containing offensive material, such as discriminatory or sexist language, profanity, or controversial and/or sexually explicit material is prohibited.
- Violence and Threats. We reserve the right to remove content and escalate to law enforcement when we perceive a genuine risk of physical harm, or a direct threat to public safety. You may not credibly threaten others, or organize acts of real-world violence. Organizations with a record of terrorist or violent criminal activity are not allowed to maintain a presence on our site. We also prohibit promoting, planning or celebrating any of your actions if they have, or could, result in financial harm to others, including theft and vandalism. We are the sole arbiters of whether content constitutes violence or threats.
- Bullying and Harassment. Gravatate does not tolerate bullying or harassment. Do not engage in any harassing, intimidating, predatory, or stalking conduct. We allow users to speak freely on matters and people of public interest, but take action on all reports of abusive behavior directed at private individuals.
- Regulated Goods. You are not permitted to complete transactions involving regulated goods on our website or through our products and services. If you post content involving firearms, alcohol, tobacco, or adult products, we expect you to make sure you’re following all applicable laws and consider carefully the audience for that content. We may remove any such content, in our sole discretion.
- Securities. If you make any offer of securities on our website we may ask you to provide an opinion of counsel that you are permitted to do so, and remove content relating to the offering of securities if you cannot provide such an opinion.
- Phishing and Spam. We take the safety of our user seriously and work to prevent attempts to compromise their privacy or security. We also ask that you respect our users by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
- Negative Comments. Negative, disparaging, or unconstructive comments addressed to individuals (related to or unrelated to Gravatate) is strictly prohibited.
- Malicious Speech. Content encouraging violence or hatred on the basis of things like race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation is strictly prohibited. We will remove anything that is overtly malicious, in our sole discretion.
- Harm to Minors. Please refrain from posting or soliciting anything relating to minors that is sexually suggestive or violent. Don’t bully minors, even if you are one.
- Promotion or Glorification of Self-Harm. Don’t post content that actively promotes or glorifies self-harm, including without limitation, any content that urges or encourages others to: cut or injure themselves; embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders; or commit suicide rather than, for example, seeking counseling or treatment, or joining together in supportive conversation with those suffering or recovering from depression or other conditions.
- Deceptive or Fraudulent Links. Don’t post deceptive or fraudulent content or links, including without limitation, giving links misleading descriptions, putting the wrong “source” field in a post, setting misleading click-through links on images, or embedding links to interstitial or pop-up ads.
- Misattribution or Non-Attribution. Make sure you always give proper attribution and include full links back to original sources.
- Username/URL Abuse or Squatting. Our usernames/URLs are meant for the use and enjoyment of all of our users.
- Mass Registration or Automation. Don’t register accounts or post content automatically, systematically, or programmatically.
- Unauthorized Contests, Sweepstakes, or Giveaways. Please do not use this website and/or services to organize and conduct contests, sweepstakes, and giveaways, without the prior consent of Gravatate.
- Copyright or Trademark Infringement. Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others.
- Confusion or Impersonation. Do not use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization. Don’t do things that would cause confusion between you or your blog and a person or company, like registering a deliberately confusing URL. Don’t impersonate anyone.
- Privacy Violations. Don’t use Gravatate to deceptively obtain personal information. Don’t post content that violates anyone’s privacy, especially personally identifying or confidential information like credit card numbers, social security numbers, or unlisted contact information.
- Disruptions, Exploits, or Resource Abuse. Please don’t attempt or engage in any activity that may compromise the security of our website and services. Don’t attempt unauthorized use, disruption, or exploitation of www.gravatate.com or our other products and services, or otherwise abuse our resources. Do not use our services in any manner that could interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from fully enjoying the services, or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of the website or any related services in any manner.
- Use of Malicious Software. Do not use any robot, spider, crawler, scraper, or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the website or any of our services or to extract data.
- No Reverse Engineering. Do not reverse engineer any aspect of our website or our services or do anything that might discover source code or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any area, content, or code of the services.
- No Affiliations. Do not attempt to indicate in any manner that you have a relationship with Gravatate™ or that Gravatate™ has endorsed you or any products or services without our prior express written consent to do so.
- Third Party Applications. Do not develop any third-party applications that interact with user generated content or the services without our prior express written consent.
- Sale of Access. Do not buy, sell, rent, lease, or otherwise offer in exchange for any compensation, access to your Gravatate account, Services, or a Gravatate username without our prior express written consent.
Enforcement of Platform Guidelines
Violating these guidelines, standards, and/or rules may result in the removal of content, the suspension of your account and being prohibited from using Gravatate in the future. We ask that you please take these rules seriously and honor them in the spirit in which they are intended. The rules will change and evolve along with the Gravatate user community. We will do our best to enforce them consistently and fairly, and ultimately, if we conclude that you are violating these guidelines, you may receive a notice via email. If you don’t explain or correct your behavior, we may take action against your account. We do our best to ensure fair outcomes, but in all cases we reserve the right to suspend accounts, or remove content, without notice, for any reason, but particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, and community. We reserve the right to enforce, or not enforce, these guidelines in our sole discretion, and these guidelines don’t create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act in any particular manner.
Because Gravatate works in the service of you, your organization, our community and members, we work hard to answer questions and comments as quickly as possible. However, if you see something on Gravatate that you believe violates these Guidelines or any of our terms (including abuse of intellectual property), you should report it to by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that reporting a piece of content does not guarantee that it will be removed from the site.
Thank you for being a vital part of the Gravatate community and for respecting our Platform Guidelines.